In a world updated to the second, we must be able to constantly adapt to change. CCA relies on a responsive attitude of adaptability to several scenarios and activity areas.
We focus on the future and helping organisations to achieve the best, boldest, and most effective solutions for 70 years. Innovation is in our blood. Our culture helps us to take down barriers and stereotypes and create a great work atmosphere that attracts the best talents. We are brave enough to find new ways of adding value and know-how to our clients and partners.
We support innovation and work with people and companies driven by great ideas, regardless of their size or industry. Our clients are multinational companies, SMEs, and Startups supported by venture capital or even family businesses or private clients.
Since 2020, we have been a partner of the international GBL Alliance network, a platform that allows our clients to access quality legal professionals around the world.
With offices in Lisbon and Oporto and a network of partners in Europe, Latin America, and North America, our real location is near our clients.
We are a team of business-oriented professionals with a common goal: to change the way legal work is made.
We create winning strategies. Our entrepreneurial vision, disciplinary team, solid market knowledge and a hands-on and creative approach to business make us the best partner.
We have established partnerships with many companies, entrepreneurs and ambitious investors. We provide advice to national clients whose business has a strong international dimension and to foreign clients that develop their activity and invest in Portugal.
We combine technical experience with business knowledge. We advise on the acquisition and sale of companies, mergers, joint ventures, divisions, partnerships, privatizations, corporate reorganizations, restructurings and takeover bids and public offerings.
Within the normative abundance that regulates the activity of your company, we look for prevention solutions. We unconditionally defend the rights of those who seek us.
In order to adequately respond to its clients' requests, CCA has a team of Lawyers who are prepared to take on a comprehensive and transversal service rendering. Comprehensive because it includes Economic Criminal Law and Administrative Offenses. Transversal, because CCA is not limited to ensuring judicial representation in pending cases, performing before a diverse set of functions to its clients, where preventive law services and compliance are particularly relevant.
This new perspective allows CCA to develop its activities in the design, implementation and follow-up of compliance plans, as well as providing advisory and consulting services to regulatory entities, both in the administrative process and assuming their representation in court.
Trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, patents - we protect your intellectual assets, in an area where speed, pragmatism and creativity are the key to success.
CCA has extensive experience in the protection and defence of industrial property rights and copyright. Our team - made up of lawyers distinguished by the main directories, official industrial property agents, and academics of recognized prestige - has acted to defend the interests of clients from different sectors of activity, including technological multinationals, audio-visual content distributors, companies in the fashion sector, media, publishers and companies in the agri-food sector.
Whether designing personalized protection strategies or providing litigation advice, CCA's Intellectual Property team provides clients with quick, pragmatic, and creative responses.
Among the services provided by CCA in the field of intellectual property, are the following:
- Negotiation and drafting of technology transfer contracts, confidentiality agreements, merchandising contracts, and licensing and transmission contracts for patents, know-how, trademarks, copyright, and related rights;
- Protection, monitoring, and maintenance of trademark portfolios, designs or models, patents and utility models, at national, European, and international levels;
- Assistance in judicial litigation or arbitration proceedings related to the ownership, validity, and violation of intellectual property rights;
- Advice on unfair competition proceedings;
- Negotiation of copyright and related rights licenses with collective management entities;
- Negotiation and drafting of software order, transmission, and license contracts;
- Assessment and management of risk generated by legislative changes in the field of intellectual property, at national and European level;
- Negotiating with copyright trolls, who seek to collect excessive damages from alleged violators;
- Registration of literary and artistic works with the General Inspectorate of Cultural Activities (IGAC) and the Institute of Cinema and Audiovisual (ICA);
- Protection, monitoring, and defence of trade secrets;
- Development of due diligence related to intellectual property assets.
Employment & Labor
Because people can be the most difficult resource to manage, we promote a practical approach and we guarantee the strategy that best suits your need.
CCA provides its clients with advice on various labour and Social Security issues, including corporate restructuring, support in corporate transactions having an impact on labour relations, and strategic advice in the implementation of human resources management and profitability policies, acting as a preventive measure or for the sake of work compliance, without ever forgetting the reality and the activity in which the employer is involved.
The Team has extensive experience in conducting labour disputes, assisting the Client in a continuous and concerted manner throughout legal proceedings or in the context of very complex negotiations. Our work also includes the development of several contractual instruments, such as employment contracts, revocation agreements, and teleworking. We also contribute to the development of compensation and benefits programs, stock options, or pension plans.
On the other hand, we also support companies in the process of downsizing and we also intervene in the secondment of foreign citizens or in cases of expatriation of Portuguese citizens.
Our team provides close assistance and reactive action to reduce risks and avoid unforeseen events that could have a negative impact on our Clients' activities.
Lawsuits & Disputes
We have removed obstacles to your success. No drifts, indecisions or surprises. With the flexibility to face the unexpected.
Our department represents national and international clients in complex litigation. We provide advice on:
- Civil, criminal and corporate lawsuits, in particular civil liability and non-contractual claims, disputes related to general contractual clauses, collection and judicial and extrajudicial recovery of claims, as well as in insolvency and enforcement proceedings, criminal lawsuits against property, against the market and against honour, conflicts between shareholders, challenges to shareholders’ resolutions and directors’ liability.
- Arbitration: this is increasingly a privileged and effective solution to resolve certain types of disputes to which the courts have not been able to respond satisfactorily. Our firm is highly experienced in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations at a national and international level, including in annulment and recognition cases and enforcement of arbitration judgments.
We build bridges with our client, understand his needs and contextualize his transactions. Our ability to respond to our clients' personal and financial goals and our creative and dynamic approach to delivering them is what sets us apart.
Since this is an area that encompasses clients of the most diverse profiles and industries, whose real estate property performs the most varied functions and objectives, CCA's advice in this area is highly personalized and has specialists with extensive experience in the areas of land planning, urban planning, retail, real estate investment and tourism and environment law.
Our Real Estate team provides legal assistance to all types of real estate operations, namely the construction and commercialization of shopping centres, retail parks, industrial zones, housing and tourist developments. It also advises clients under the tenancy law in the different sectors of activity.