Who We Are
Each step of the deal is vital. Drawing upon a wealth of knowledge and experience our extensive track record of innovation enables our teams to deliver legal services of excellence every stage of the way. Our professionals are carefully selected for their advanced technical skills and business-minded approach but also for the human qualities each one brings to the firm and to the communities in which we operate.
About Vieira de Almeida & Associados
Founded in 1976
200 people in their team
Lawsuits & Disputes
DISPUTES & RESTRUCTURING
With an unparalleled track record in successfully representing our clients in matters of great complexity and sophistication, our disputes & restructuring teams excel at working side by side with our clients, relentlessly pursuing their goals, ever searching for the most appropriate and effective risk management strategy to the dispute in question.
Employment & Labor
Paramount to corporate management, labour law is often involved in striking a delicate balance between corporate requirements and individual sensitivities, with outcomes potentially affecting the work place and the company well beyond the short run.
Our labour team has an extensive track record in the strategic and comprehensive support of our clients, in Portugal as in the lusophone and francophone African jurisdictions in which we operate with VdA Legal Partners, widely regarded by the domestic and local markets for its breadth and depth of expertise and effectiveness in a myriad of complex labour and employment matters, notably standing out as the a specialised team in social security and civil servants’ law. Often drawing upon the expertise of lawyers in other practice areas of the corporate & tax Group, we work as one multidisciplinary team across sectors, notably in the life sciences, transports & infrastructures, banks & financial institutions, energy & natural resources, as well as real estate & tourism industries.
Decades of experience and a deep understanding of the workings of negotiation and mediation procedures, as well as the judicial systems of VdA Legal Partners' jurisdictions, empower our lawyers with unparalleled capabilities in effective risk assessment, crucial in helping our clients successfully pursue their strategy.
AREAS OF WORK
- restructuring, flexible working, workplace monitoring, discrimination, employee representation, appointment and severance of senior executives to redundancies and litigation
- executive and employee share schemes, benefit plans and other employee benefits
- advising on major reorganizations, sales acquisitions and other commercial transactions with significant employment content
- negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, advising companies and respective associations on its different phases, from the structuring of negotiation proposals to dispute resolution
- employment contracts and consultancy agreements for directors and other key employees, as well as reviewing contractual documentation such as handbooks and manuals and drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- day-to-day advice to internal HR departments
- labour litigation
In an era of disruptive and irrevocable transformation of the legal industry we embrace the digitalisation challenge as only a firm with innovation at the core of its values can do.
The corporate services practice embodies these concepts through the incorporation of new AI technologies and document automation into cost-effective products and services, ever ensuring the consistent quality and technical excellence that are our hallmark.
Our cross-practice teams draw upon the capacities of all practices - corporate and M&A, governance, banking & finance, tax, competition & EU, labour, real estate & planning, health and infrastructures, energy & resources to provide global, comprehensive and added value services to our clients.
AREAS OF WORK
- mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate matters
- project finance, PPP, re(financings)
- due diligences
- advise to companies and shareholders, notably on company incorporation, change in bylaws, mergers and demergers, SPAs, companies’ winding up and shareholders agreements
- advise to partnerships and third sector entities, notably recognition of public benefit and registration, amendment to governing documents and closing
- assistance in public deeds and records, notary deeds and powers of attorney (irrevocable), company registers, vehicle registrations and filings with local register offices, tax offices and services as well as with social security
REAL ESTATE & PLANNING
The domestic real estate market is changing rapidly, and at this pace may break new record heights. Our real estate & planning team offers a one stop shop for property services, cross-practice and industry savvy. From the acquisition and planning, through to construction, disposal and asset management, encompassing both commercial and residential property, we find practical commercial solutions, underpinned by a tenacious determination to get the deal done.
Our clients are public entities and private companies, developers, property funds, financial institutions, corporate occupiers, private wealth structures and private investors.
Be it in lusophone and francophone Africa, or in East-Timor, we operate as one firm with unparalleled foundations and agility: international standards of excellence, real estate industry-focused teams with vast local expertise and the exclusive commitment of the highly reputed local firms that make up VdA Legal Partners.
- legal due diligence of real estate assets
- acquisition, disposals, sale and lease back transactions of property, real estate portfolios and SPV’s (asset and share deals)
- lease and other property use agreements
- construction, development and project management agreements
- property management agreements
- real estate financing and security packages
- investment vehicles’ and funds’ structuring
- acquisition, development and operational structuring of touristic facilities
- advising on all required permits and licences for the real estate industry and investments