If I live abroad and a Thai court has ruled that I should pay for child support, will this be enforced?

In Thailand

Last Updated: Apr 9, 2022

I believe that I should not pay child support and I want to contest this, am I obliged to pay if it has been ruled as such by a Thai court?

Answers (1)

Posted Sat, Apr 9, 2022 3:28 PM

Yes, this will be enforced. If you have any property in Thailand, the court will place an order to seize your property to be sold via auction; then, the proceeds from the auction will be used for child support. If you do not have any property in Thailand, the Thai court will work cooperatively with the court where your property is located to seize your property and sell them to pay for child support.

You need more information?

Let us find the right lawyers for you