List of the best lawyers
The Law Society Co.Ltd.
Bond Advocates LLP
Free Consultation: 15 mins
Smart Legal Solutions
Legal guides written by Smart Legal Solutions:
- Main Legal Measures to Protect Foreign Investment in Thailand
- Legal Protection of Foreign Investment in Thailand
- The importance of the geographical indications for the Thai economy
Free Consultation: 15 mins
Legal guides written by GPS Legal:
- Land Ownership in Thailand: Title Deeds
- Thailand’s SMART Visa program: What you should know
- Estate planning goes beyond wills
Browse copyright law firms by country
Refine your search by selecting a country.
Copyright Legal Questions answered by Lawyers
Browse our 2 legal questions about Copyright and the lawyer answers, or ask your own questions for free.
- A website published my thesis as their work
- According to Greek Intellectual Property Law, you shall claim a huge compensation, because only the author maintains the right to manage his/her thesis. Moreover, braking Copyright constitutes a felony, punishable with up to 15 years of imprisonment
- in entertainment law, what is the most important step for me to do before i record a song with a producer?
- Hi. The important step to take before recording a song with a producer is to have a contract signed between yourself and the producer. In fact, this ought to be done before or at the same time payment is made. Such contract will address issues of ownership rights as well as other important factors. Hope this helps.
Creative works come in the form of music, art, literature, etc. such as novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright exists to protect these forms of intellectual property. It also gives the owner the rights to:
Reproduce the work
Prepare derivative works
Distribute copies of the work by sale, lease, or other transfer of ownership
Perform and display the work publicly
In most countries, copyright laws will protect creative works as soon as they are created. However, it is recommended to register the work to the Copyright Office so it would be on the public record and have a certificate of registration. In case someone tries to steal your work, the said record would be great evidence for the lawyer to use in litigation.
There are two main types of copyright lawyers: the ones who focus on the application process and the others who would focus on infringement issues which will represent you when someone is using your work without permission, especially for financial gain. So, if your intellectual property is being used without your consent, hiring a copyright lawyer would be the best course of action.
The information provided on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. While we strive to present accurate and up-to-date information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or currentness of the content. Laws and regulations can change frequently, and interpretations of the law can vary. Therefore, you should consult with qualified legal professionals for specific advice tailored to your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this page. If you find any information to be incorrect or outdated, please contact us, and we will make efforts to rectify it.