Best Copyright Lawyers
Share your needs with us, get contacted by law firms.
Free. Takes 2 min.
Or refine your search by selecting a city:
List of the best lawyers
OLM Law Advocates LLPNairobi, Kenya
Free Consultation: 15 mins
SORASAK LAWBangkok, Thailand
Smart Legal SolutionsBangkok, Thailand
Legal guides written by Smart Legal Solutions:
- Main Legal Measures to Protect Foreign Investment in Thailand
- Legal Protection of Foreign Investment in Thailand
- The importance of the geographical indications for the Thai economy
GPS LegalBangkok, Thailand
Free Consultation: 15 mins
Legal guides written by GPS Legal:
- Land Ownership in Thailand: Title Deeds
- Thailand’s SMART Visa program: What you should know
- Estate planning goes beyond wills
TIVARI Law Firm - Attorneys at LawDurrës, Albania
Moland SolicitorsLagos, Nigeria
Free Consultation: 30 mins
Avakov Tarasov & partnersMoscow, Russia
[DDC] DONG DU INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING, TAXES & LEGAL CONSULTING GROUP HCMC VIETNAM, A MEMBER OF ONESMP SINGAPOREHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
CLUES & COLLEAGUEThimphu, Bhutan
Browse copyright law firms by country
Refine your search by selecting a country.
Copyright Legal Questions answered by Lawyers
Browse our 1 legal question about Copyright and the lawyer answers, or ask your own questions for free.
- A website published my thesis as their work
- According to Greek Intellectual Property Law, you shall claim a huge compensation, because only the author maintains the right to manage his/her thesis. Moreover, braking Copyright constitutes a felony, punishable with up to 15 years of imprisonment
Creative works come in the form of music, art, literature, etc. such as novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright exists to protect these forms of intellectual property. It also gives the owner the rights to:
Reproduce the work
Prepare derivative works
Distribute copies of the work by sale, lease, or other transfer of ownership
Perform and display the work publicly
In most countries, copyright laws will protect creative works as soon as they are created. However, it is recommended to register the work to the Copyright Office so it would be on the public record and have a certificate of registration. In case someone tries to steal your work, the said record would be great evidence for the lawyer to use in litigation.
There are two main types of copyright lawyers: the ones who focus on the application process and the others who would focus on infringement issues which will represent you when someone is using your work without permission, especially for financial gain. So, if your intellectual property is being used without your consent, hiring a copyright lawyer would be the best course of action.