List of the best lawyers
Smart Legal Solutions
Legal guides written by Smart Legal Solutions:
- Main Legal Measures to Protect Foreign Investment in Thailand
- Legal Protection of Foreign Investment in Thailand
- The importance of the geographical indications for the Thai economy
Law Bridge Law Firm
Free Consultation: 1 hour
ALGaber Legal Consultancy
Free Consultation: 30 mins
Adroit Law LLP
Free Consultation: 15 mins
Souzan Elkayaji Legal Consultancy F.Z.E
Free Consultation: 30 mins
Martins & Associates
Browse defamation law firms by country
Refine your search by selecting a country.
Defamation Legal Questions answered by Lawyers
Browse our 2 legal questions about Defamation and the lawyer answers, or ask your own questions for free.
- Can I file for actual moral and exemplary damages and loss of income and attorney's fee?
- We understand that legal matters can often be complex and require professional guidance to ensure the best possible outcome. To provide you with the most accurate and tailored advice, it would be beneficial to discuss your specific situation with a qualified lawyer.For a more detailed consultation, we invite you to contact us. Visit our profile and send us a direct message. This will allow us to understand the nuances of your case and offer the most appropriate legal guidance.Please feel free to share any relevant details or documents related to your query when you contact us. Rest assured, all information shared will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and professionalism.We look forward to assisting you further and providing the legal support you need.Warm regards,Dagsaan Monterde Castillo Law
- Can I be sued for libel/ defamation?
- Yes, It is possible to be sued for defamation. Portraying of false information to slander or destroy one's name or reputation is a cause for filing for a lawsuit
What Is Defamation?
Whether to be in spoken or written form, when a certain false or unprivileged statement is made about you in a way that it seems like a fact and can therefore harm your good reputation and/or cause other possible damages, that statement or that action can be considered defamation. A written defamation is referred to as a libel, and a spoken defamation is called a slander. For a statement to be defamatory, usually it must be made and published as a statement of fact, meaning that if it appears more like a person’s opinion or mere prediction, e.g., “It seems to me that X is _____,” it may not be defamatory. This is, of course, to make sure that freedom of expression is maintained under reasonable circumstances. Also, in some cases, regardless of being false or true, if a statement appears to be made with malicious intent and/or deliberate contempt, it could nonetheless be considered defamation.
How Can Defamation Lawyers Help Individuals?
Lawyers specializing in defamation lawsuit can assist, advise, and represent both victims and the accused in any defamation-related cases. For a plaintiff, the goal is to prove how the other party truly thinks less of you and how that unthoughtful action causes you actual damage, and for a defendant, the goal is, of course, to defend you in any way possible should you insist that your statement can hardly fall under defamation. Defenses available to defamation defendants include truth, honest opinion, publication on a matter of public interest, and privilege (absolute or qualified). Lawyers can play a crucial role in a wide range of defamation-related legal steps ranging from trying to help you settle before trial by ways of settlement negotiations to eventually helping you build a strong legal case and representing you in a trial should you and the other party cannot settle.
The information provided on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. While we strive to present accurate and up-to-date information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or currentness of the content. Laws and regulations can change frequently, and interpretations of the law can vary. Therefore, you should consult with qualified legal professionals for specific advice tailored to your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this page. If you find any information to be incorrect or outdated, please contact us, and we will make efforts to rectify it.