List of the best lawyers in Bangkok, Thailand
Smart Legal Solutions
Legal guides written by Smart Legal Solutions:
- Main Legal Measures to Protect Foreign Investment in Thailand
- Legal Protection of Foreign Investment in Thailand
- The importance of the geographical indications for the Thai economy
Anona International And Consultancy Co., Ltd.
Free Consultation: 1 hour
SIAM LEGAL INTERNATIONAL
Free Consultation: 1 hour
Legal guides written by SIAM LEGAL INTERNATIONAL:
- Updated: Navigating the Thailand Elite Visa: Application Process and Benefits
- Child Custody, Support, and Legitimation in Thailand
- Different Types of Long-Term Visas in Thailand
G.A.M. Legal Alliance
Aphiwat Bualoi Law Office
Free Consultation: 30 mins
W Law International (Thailand)
Free Consultation: 30 mins
Mahanakorn Partners Group Co., Ltd
Browse immigration law firms by service in Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand Attorneys in related practice areas.
Thailand Immigration Legal Questions answered by Lawyers
Browse our 2 legal questions about Immigration in Thailand and the lawyer answers, or ask your own questions for free.
- can an expat lease land for 30 years?
- Dear Sir/Madam,Certainly, foreigner is allowed to lease the land for 30 years, and can have ownership on the constructionW Law International (Thailand)[email protected]
- can undocumented immigrant apply US pension?
- Dear Khun Seng,It is really a matter of concern as the immigration protocols are pretty stringent here in Thailand. Furthermore, undocumented immigrants in Thailand, or anywhere else, typically do not have legal status to apply for U.S. Social Security benefits or pensions. To be eligible for U.S. Social Security benefits, including retirement pensions, a person generally needs to have earned enough "credits" through working in the United States legally and paying Social Security taxes.Undocumented immigrants typically work "off the books" or under the table, which means they do not have a legal work history in the U.S. and do not pay Social Security taxes. Without a legal work history and a valid Social Security number, they would not be eligible to receive Social Security benefits.However, if you feel that your application for immigration can help you get the pension, we can surely help you with that. But for that, You may visit our profile, Once our team receives the complete information, we will process your request and do the needful to help you out of the situation.Expecting to hear back from you via email,Best RegardsTanet PrasongForeign Advisor and Consultant - Konrad Legal Company Limitedwww.konradlegal.com
About Immigration in Bangkok, Thailand
In Bangkok, Thailand, immigration involves a wide range of subjects, from visiting the country as a tourist to staying permanently as an immigrant. For a foreigner planning to stay in Thailand, it may involve obtaining visas, renewals, permits, or dealing with citizenship matters. The immigration process can be complex due to the stringent rules and regulations imposed by Thai Immigration Laws, making it difficult for an average person to understand and follow.
Why You May Need a Lawyer
Navigating immigration laws in Thailand can be challenging for individuals unfamiliar with the local language and legalities. Common situations where legal help might be needed include applying for different types of visas and permits, extending stays, dealing with changes in immigration rules, resolving any visa disputes or illegal status, and applying for Thai nationality. Having a competent immigration lawyer can help in ensuring that you meet all the legal requirements while mitigating potential problems down the road.
Local Laws Overview
Thai immigration law is governed by the Immigration Act B.E.2522 (1979). The Act lays out specific rules regarding entry, stay, and departing the country. For instance, holding a valid passport and visa from the Thai embassy or consulate in the foreigner's country of residence is fundamental for entering Thailand. Non-compliance with these set rules can lead to a fine, imprisonment, or expulsion from Thailand. If you're planning to stay in Thailand for more than 90 days, reporting to Immigration every 90 days is a must.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I work in Thailand using a Tourist Visa?
No, you cannot. Working in Thailand requires a proper Non-Immigrant Visa and a Work Permit. Working without these can lead to severe penalties.
2. What happens if I overstay past the date indicated in my visa?
Overstaying can result in a fine as per the number of overstayed days, detention, deportation, and being blacklisted from re-entering Thailand.
3. Can I apply for Thai citizenship if I am married to a Thai national?
Yes, but being married to a Thai national doesn't automatically qualify you for Thai citizenship. You must meet certain requirements defined by the Thailand Nationality Act.
Additional resources that can help you include the Thai Immigration Bureau for visa-related information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for information regarding entry regulations, Ministry of Labour for work-permit-related queries, and NGOs specializing in immigration matters like the International Organization for Migration.
If you need legal assistance with immigration matters, consider engaging a professional immigration lawyer. You can reach out to local law offices or international firms with offices in Bangkok. Prepare all necessary personal documents, and have a comprehensive understanding of your specific situation before scheduling your consultation.
The information provided on this page is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. While we strive to present accurate and up-to-date information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or currentness of the content. Laws and regulations can change frequently, and interpretations of the law can vary. Therefore, you should consult with qualified legal professionals for specific advice tailored to your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this page. If you find any information to be incorrect or outdated, please contact us, and we will make efforts to rectify it.