Having full client satisfaction as their main goal, they are willing to personalize as much as possible the work method, offering complementary services and listening to the clients’ opinion to achieve a continuous performance improvement.
With a strong multidisciplinary and international experience, they also have the support of lawyers and law firms, selected and highly qualified, in Portugal, Brazil and Cape Verde, aiming at offering a comprehensive service and with international projection, without neglecting the quality and personal assistance of the client.
The partners advocate for diversity, equality and non-discrimination, seeking to treat all colleagues, clients, partners and agents involved in the daily work with tolerance, respect and fairness.
The firm also undertakes its commitment: to the community, supporting projects and institutions of social solidarity by providing pro bono legal support and broadcasting them in its network; and to the planet, by promoting the use of recycled materials and the recycling of materials used, giving priority to non-polluting means of communication, striving for efficiency and the saving of water and energy.
When choosing a lawyer it is important to have a professional who has deep knowledge of the subject and vast experience in the areas of practice, as only by linking theory to practice we can act with full confidence in the work and its outcomes.
On the other hand, the personal component is also important. Having the support of a lawyer who is available, committed and seeking the most innovative and appropriate solutions, however without creating false expectations to clients, is of utmost importance for maintaining the trust necessary to succeed.
We strive every day to be such type of professional, working daily to excel the clients’ expectations.
Lamares, Capela & Associados provides services in the area of Corporate Law to business owners, entrepreneurs, national or international companies.
We follow and handle the process of starting a business in Portugal and act in different phases of their corporate life, whether being startups or others.
The services provided may include:
- Support for setting a business in Portugal (negotiations and investments)
- The incorporation, dissolution and winding up of companies;
- Services inherent to the development of the business activity and its internal organization (statutory changes, agreements between partners, etc.);
- Legal assistance and counselling on foreign investments in Portugal;
- Assistance in the analysis, review and negotiation of international contracts; and
- Counselling on insolvency proceedings and company restructuring;
- Licensing of commercial activities and others.
Find out more about the Startup Visa Portugal, aimed at foreign entrepreneurs who want to open a company in Portugal.
Lamares, Capela & Associados offers a complete package of services in Real Estate Law to clients looking to invest in Real Estate in Portugal, going beyond the usual legal assistance.
We monitor and deal with all operations related with buying an investment property through an incisive approach, in order to satisfy our clients.
The services provided may include:
- Assistance in transactions of purchase and sale of houses in Portugal;
- Support in the development of projects to promote the property (construction / rehabilitation of the property);
- Preparation, negotiation and execution of contracts;
- Other Administrative Procedures.
VISAS AND RESIDENCE PERMITS IN PORTUGAL
In the first stage, Lamares, Capela & Associados provides support in obtaining entry visas to Portugal, their respective renewal and appeal regarding visa refusal decisions. In a second stage, we provide support in obtaining the entitlement for a residence permit in Portugal.
Also providing all related services thereof, such as:
- Obtaining the tax identification number (TIN) and representation for tax purposes;
- Choosing the bank, account opening and financing
- Registration in Social Security;
- Acquisition and rental of the real estate;
- Notarial acts (powers of attorney, certification of documents, certification of translations, authentication of documents, etc.);
- Accreditation of foreign diplomas;
- Equality Statute between Brazil and Portugal (Estatuto de Igualdade de Direitos e Deveres);
- Invitation letter;
- Health Card (PB4 and others) and private health insurance, international transportation of animals, substitution of driving license (driver’s license) and others.
Lamares, Capela & Associados provides legal advice and assistance in the most diverse questions raised by our clients related to Succession Law.
Soon after death, obligations are created for heirs, not only of a legal nature, but also administrative and fiscal, where lawyer takes a major role in the inheritance planning process, qualification of heirs and clarifying other questions that arise, namely in assisting the heirs in the fulfillment of administrative and tax obligations.
We have extensive experience in advising foreign clients in the exercise of the inheritance planning, fulfilling on behalf of those all the steps from death to the registration of assets of inheritance on behalf of the heirs.
Lamares, Capela & Associados provides legal advice and assistance on the most diverse questions raised by our clients related to Family Law.
We have extensive experience in advising foreign and Portuguese clients who are getting married in Portugal, as well as in consulting and monitoring matters related to family structure, minors and successions.